List of useful active travel related links
Sustrans & Stockton Active Travel is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Cycling web sites
- If you want some company on your bike ride this system matches you up with others going the same route.
- Bikeability homepage
- The governing body for race cycling
- The Cycling Touring Charity
Health & environmental web sites
- How does cycling effect your carbon footprint
- Join Change4Life - helping every family eat well, move more and live longer
Google Maps -
A useful internet mapping tool for plotting the best way of travelling from A to B. Has a useful cycling, walking & public transport function to see different paths unavailable to motor traffic.
- Another really useful route planning tool for cyclists. Allows you to specify what speed you will average unlike Google Maps
- A great sight for finding routes in your local area and for planning some of your own. Has a sister site for runners (& walkers) MapMyRun
- A Social Media platform for cycling and running letting you share your achievements with friends.
Sustrans Journey Planner
- Online mapping tool to help you find map out the National Cycle Network for your walks or rides.
Walking web sites
Stockton Rambling Club
- encourages enjoyment of the countryside and develops friendship through walks and social activities
Our Sponsors web sites
- A Charitable Leisure Management Organisation that is responsible for running many of the council run leisure centres & activities
Stockton Active Travel Project Partners